Monday, January 10, 2011
the Tops and Bottoms of Dating: Part 6
1. I said it before, I will say it again, don't ever talk about the ex on the first date.
2. Crying, screaming children, cholos, vatos, b-boys, familias...next time pick somewhere to have a date that doesn't include this clientele.
3. Cheek kisses are always welcome on a first date. It's cute. They are fun. They remind me of being a kid and when you kissed a girl on the cheek then ran away all giddy. Young Love.
4. If you pick up the guy to go on a date, always have a play list ready on your Ipod. He will more than likely ask what kind of music you like. Hit play, listen, and enjoy.
5. Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, should NOT be on the playlist.
6. Use a cold rainy day to have a stay-at-home date. Light the fire, watch a movie, or listen to music, while you chat and learn about yourselves over a glass of wine.
7. Get a good bottle of wine! Google it, read up on it, that way you sound informed, smart, and damn it like you know your wine. Gay men love wine connoisseurs...and musicians.
8. Be careful of guys who read your blog/Livejournal/Tumblr/Buzznet etc, they might be dating you because they want to be a post in your blog.
9. Don't date people who are your readers/follower of your blog.
10. Wine and a movie are the new first date.