Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BMBB.com reads: A Little Foucault for the Month


Spring is around the corner, and I figured, what the heck lets start cleaning out the closet and underneath the bed. Lo' and behold out comes this book, The History of Sexuality, by Foucault. This is the first part in a series of collection, the rest yet to be found in the room. As a gay man, which I am, I attended college and this was one of the few books that was required reading...actually I love these type of reads. I am definitely the type of guy who likes theory and dry reads...sorry no Harry Potter here.

If you are looking to expand your theoretical frameworks about the repression of sex through the power of politics and discourse along with the family unit, then take a look. Ugh, did I lose you already!?

sex.discourse.sex.discourse.sex.intercourse.

There now you are back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment