Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh My Queer Stars; Sex, Love, and Horoscopes


Born on the eleventh hour, lattitude 33.80 N longitude -118.16W, in the Third House, with a mutable sign of Air ruled by Mercury, under the rising sign of Leo, and a moon sign of Cancer, we stared into each other's eyes and realized our signs are incompatible.

I am a Gemini, but by no means do I allow that to govern who I am. Especially in dating, life, love, and sex. Can you imagine if we allowed ourselves to be ruled by such things? We would never be ourselves or accomplish any of our dreams in life. We would be too consumed with the idea of fulfilling our astrological sign's needs. Plus, we would never meet ANYONE! It's like those long laundry lists you find on adam4adam.com when men say NO fats/femmes/old guys/str8 acting/queer/young/hairy/twinks/queens, who are they going to date then? Themselves. Understandable, we have likes and dislikes, but should a guy's sign be the reason that stops us from getting to know or date them?

As a Gemini we are the life of the party, creative, the social butterfly, and two-faced. The latter can be taken any way you would like, but mostly noted as a BITCH. According to Homostrology.com Gemini's are compatible with a Libra and Aquarius and their astrological hell is a Sagittarius. By no means does this make me who I am or who I will end up with in life/love. Doing so would dismiss my character obtained through life and family. There was no predisposition or predestined character instilled in me by the cosmos (and not the drink). I am who I am because I AM.

Perfect Partners for your sign by Homostrology.com:


Aries = Leo, Sagittarius
Taurus = Virgo, Capricorn
Gemini = Libra, Aquarius
Cancer = Scorpio, Pisces
Leo = Aries, Sagittarius
Virgo = Taurus, Capricorn
Libra = Gemini, Aquarius
Scorpio = Cancer, Pisces
Sagittarius = Aries, Leo
Capricorn = Taurus, Virgo
Aquarius = Gemini, Libra
Pisces = Cancer, Scorpio

When a guys asks me my sign, which seems to always be a question followed right after what I like to do for fun or my sexual position preference, I feel like I am being sized up. Somehow as if what they know or read about my astrological sign gives them my life's details and how I will react or interact with their's. An astrological map to my mind and body. There we are over a candle-lit dinner and he has me figured out. Through inferred deduction he has detailed our lives and relationship, realizing that our relationship will be in turmoil because of my flirty nature and his shy and insecure side. He figures life with me would mean a constant party and someone he would never really know because of my double-sided nature, constantly in fear that I will pick up and leave him. Or, that maybe, my sex drive will be too much and a bit on the kinky side (minus the whips, cuffs, and anal plugs) versus his vanilla nature. 

Dealbreaker: astrological sign followers. 

If one whole heartedly believes in the stars and signs, then yes they will become just what it tells them. It's the law of attraction, like begets like. Think that you are and you become so. Or the famous of all sayings, cogito ergo sum, I think therefore I am (Rene Descartes, 1637). More often it seems some people default their faults to their sign, and remove themselves from the equation. After all, it is easier to fault something other than yourself. 

Next time instead of wondering what his sign is ask the important questions:

1. Do you have a job?
2. Do you have a car?
3. How BIG are you?

...everything else will just ensue, if you follow your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment